As with any antenna, you may find many variables contribute to your antenna’s performance. If your antenna is not working as expected, try one of the following:
1.) Check the antenna is correctly connected to your HDTV or 3rd party HD receiver.
2.) Set the mode to Antenna or Air in the TV’s setup menu and re-scan for channels.
3.) Antenna signal strength can vary depending on distance from the tower, terrain, and weather. If needed, reposition the antenna in a different location. It is best to place the antenna in line of sight with the TV tower(s) and avoid obstructions. Always re-scan for channels after moving the antenna.
4.) This is an amplified antenna; If a signal cannot be received with the external amplifier, remove the amplifier and try again. In some instances, the amplifier may cause self-oscillation, which may interfere with the signal.
1. If you are using a flat screen HDTV, please check your TV’s manual to make sure your TV has a built-in tuner for receiving over-the-air broadcasts.
2. You should retune your TV and digital box from time to time to ensure you are receiving all available services. Retuning takes only a few minutes and can be done with your remote control.
3. Make sure your tuner can receive HD signals, otherwise you won’t be able to receive and watch HD channels.
4. Signal quality determines how many channels you can receive as well as picture quality. Once you receive the antenna, hook it up to your TV, and try moving it around your home to find the placement with the best signal. You might be surprised how many HD channels you can receive!
5. All of our antennas have a 12 months warranty. If you are not satisfied with the amount of channels you are receiving, please contact us so we may immediately assist you and help to solve any problems you have.